Thursday 21 November 2013

Bento#Nov21~Little Chicks Bento

I still have left over egg sheet so I thought of making design egg sheet. Just a simple design to make them into Little Chicks ^_^ Still can be improve as I only use one medium egg white for this design. Will try again for better result! So, today's lunch I cooked fried rice and cover with Little Chicks egg sheet. 
Little Chicks Egg Sheet:
First I use egg shape cutter to cut out my left over egg sheet. I cut out 4 chicks to fit in well into my bento box. Next, take an egg & just want the eggwhite to make this design. Mixed the eggwhite with some cornstarch/water and strain to a new bowl. Take a non-stick pan, pour the eggwhite mixture then lay the cut out oval egg shape on top.  Let it rest and make sure turn off the heat as you don't want the eggwhites over cooked :p
Final touch is to add nori for cute different expression. 
As for side dish I just add tamagoyaki, cherry tomato, ketchup (chick sauce container), fish cake, oranges, cucumber and apple as leaves.
Ta-da....simple lunch bento for today and I hope you will like it ^_^ Have a great day! Cheers!

Bento Tools:
 

8 comments:

  1. Their expressions are so cute! Love the way you have made this bento.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks so cheery and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO CUTE!!! I love all the different expressions of the chicks. c; What are the beaks made of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara ^_^ The beaks made of fondant that I bought from bakery shop for decorate cake or cookies!

      Delete

Thank you so much for spending some time to read my blog and leave some comments....loved to hear from you!! Hugs & cheers!