Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bento#May15A~Sleepy Tweety Bird

My girl requested Tweety Bird for her snack so here it is...Sleepy Tweety Bird!! I don't want to use too much of the time on making Tweety Bird blue eyes so I thought of made a sleepy one....hehe....resting on the tree. I hope you will like this idea!
Draw Tweety Bird on baking/tracing paper then scissor cut out and lay on top of the cheese. I used toothpick to trim out the cheese. Once done, freehand cut out nori for all the details. The orange lips and legs were kamaboko or you can use carrot ^_^ After finished the bird details, I made peanut butter sandwich and add some lettuce and bread skin for tree branches. Put the Tweety Bird on top and add some flower/leaf picks next to it!
 I took some photo of it but when comes to adding the details for nori, I didn't take photos due to each cut out nori, I'll paste straight away on the cheese. Of cause I will face some difficulty or cut too thin/fat....I'll scissor cut again for better Tweety Bird outlines ^_^ 


Kamaboko as flower, honey cherry tomato and haw flakes. 
While taking photos....my girl came to me and check whether mummy making Tweety Bird? When saw it was correct, happily said: "Thanks mummy. You made the Tweety Bird exactly the same like the television show!" Aww....she so sweet and I'm so touched whenever she appreciates all my bento creation ^_^

6 comments:

  1. Love the nori details! How do you make the rose? Is there a tutorial you would like to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean ^_^ Oh...the kamaboko roses? I will try to do a tutorial. Honestly, the kamaboko not easy to cut thinly so I thought of curl each pieces together and fit in the food cup :p

      Delete
  2. love your tweety bird and the nori details! you are just so good at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear ^_^ You're good at creating ideas too! Love it as always...

      Delete
  3. Awesome nori details always. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending some time to read my blog and leave some comments....loved to hear from you!! Hugs & cheers!